Lowest Individual Winning Percentage To Win State

RunningTrails

He always sees well enough to watch the other matches going on. When the Pton 215 lber was hurt on mat 2, we were wrestling Kercher on mat 3. He spent more time watching what was happening on mat 2. Kercher and my kid were in a scramble on the out-of-bounds line, then out-of-bounds, then back-in-bounds...finally they went out stopped, got up and headed back center....the whistle had never blown!!! Some times you just have to laugh. I was still waiting for him to call a pin from his feet by stomping the mat ;D ala. the late Don Henry.

JB

Don Henry!!!!  He called a few of my matches in High School!!!!  I remember the "tap"!!!! 

Pav from Hobart?  Maybe it was his Senior year he hd 7 defeats?

See above...he had 5 losses. Maybe TAE can verify this for sure.

5 losses was the year he won.  I don't think he won when he was a senior.

Rob Pavletic was 30-5 his Junior year when won it.

And 25-7 his Senior year when he placed fifth. Lost to state champ Marlk Bruner of Homestead OT 11-9.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

I believe John Gillespie from Bloomington South would hold this record. He was close to a .500 record (if not a losing record). Can TAE correct me if I'm wrong?

John was a State Champ in 1971 (145lbs) and his regular season record was 16 - 18.

That is amazing.  Is he that big old referee named Gillespie?

Yes

I am not sure what's more amazing, The fact he won, or the fact he could see well enough to find the mat at state!   

I believe you might be confusing John Schlatter with John Gillespie. Schlatter is bigger and wears very thick glasses, Gillespie's eyes are a bit better. I've never had a problem with either one. Schlatter was always pretty mobile for his size.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.