Castle vs. MD #2

Jon H

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! HAHAHA. I DONT LIKE MATER DEI BUT WOW!! I NEVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPEN! GREAT JOB TO THE CASTLE TEAM!! THIS GOES TO SHOW THAT MATER DEI WASNT AS STRONG AND SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN RANKED SO HIGHLY THIS YEAR...

Maybe Castle is the real deal... And they are underrated? No wait it cant be that!

WOW! HAHAHA. I DONT LIKE MATER DEI BUT WOW!! I NEVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPEN! GREAT JOB TO THE CASTLE TEAM!! THIS GOES TO SHOW THAT MATER DEI WASNT AS STRONG AND SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN RANKED SO HIGHLY THIS YEAR...

Rankings begin with your ranking from last year...your ranking does not go down (usually) until you've gotten beat.  MD finished #2 last year and remained undefeated until tonight, so there was no reason for them not to remain ranked @ #2.

I don't think there was ANYONE on this board who didn't think Castle had a shot...they are the real deal this year...and I never heard anyone disputing that.  Reitz, Mt. Vernon, Jeffersonville...all are also solid teams.  I'm just glad to see So. IN steppin' it up!

Maybe Castle is the real deal... And they are underrated? No wait it cant be that!

i would guess a little bit of both...but wow this is weird to comprehend

Congratulations Castle.  Biggest win in school history.  Here' s to hoping the title comes back to SW Indiana.

This is the first loss by MD to a team south of Indy in probably 25-30 years.  I don't think Goebel ever lost to a team from S. Indiana.

Rankings begin with your ranking from last year...your ranking does not go down (usually) until you've gotten beat.  MD finished #2 last year and remained undefeated until tonight, so there was no reason for them not to remain ranked @ #2.

I don't think there was ANYONE on this board who didn't think Castle had a shot...they are the real deal this year...and I never heard anyone disputing that.  Reitz, Mt. Vernon, Jeffersonville...all are also solid teams.  I'm just glad to see So. IN steppin' it up!

i see what your saying. understood. i just had to throw out the point of the rankigns thing!!

To the Castle wrestlers...

Here is to hoping you enjoyed this hard fought victory until sun up this morning...And are now ready to get

BACK TO WORK!!!!!

We have YET to see your best matches wrestled!!!!

Congratulations are in order for the Castle Knights. I was at Jasper last night, and it came as no surprise to me that Castle won. They presented tremendous match-up problems for Mater Dei. Castle is very strong from 130 through 215, and their 112 isn't to shabby at all. So I belive they will present problems for other teams at team state as well. If Castle has any weak links, they are at 103, 119, 125, 160, and 285. Other than those, Castle covers all the other weigh classes well. Castle should have a good showing this Saturday at the individual regional, which by the way, is at Castle. Again, congratulations to the Castle Knights, and best of luck the remainder of the season.

When I saw Castle wrestle at their Holiday tourney in December I couldnt believe how good they were. They are solid almost top to bottom. I congratulate them on their victory last nite over Mater Dei and Jeff. It was very entertaining nite of wrestling. I am from Jeff and when Mater Dei won back in December it seemed like Castle wrestled Mater Dei different than they wrestled us. I looked at the lineups and did the math over and over and Castle wins everytime. Last nite they proved they are a great wrestling team. Congratulations to the Castle wrestling team. I hope you guys win the State.

When I saw Castle wrestle at their Holiday tourney in December I couldnt believe how good they were. They are solid almost top to bottom. I congratulate them on their victory last nite over Mater Dei and Jeff. It was very entertaining nite of wrestling. I am from Jeff and when Mater Dei won back in December it seemed like Castle wrestled Mater Dei different than they wrestled us. I looked at the lineups and did the math over and over and Castle wins everytime. Last nite they proved they are a great wrestling team. Congratulations to the Castle wrestling team. I hope you guys win the State.

JBoy - I gave you a Wahoo just becuase I've never seen anybody with -46 cool points......

I was not far off.

Castle did wrestle straight up.

Lannert did win

brown did beat apple (apple giving up a little size)

Castle 125 did look decent he gave up four points the last seconds trying a last second move.  Henderson looked good for the first period.  Castle kid did a good job fighting back.

It was a great effort on both teams part.

Southern Indiana wrestling will do well the next couple of weeks. 

I hope some 4th place finishers (from Castle's regional) will take out some regional champs at semi-state.  Should be interesting.

Thanks to the Jeffersonville Red Devils for bring it to the Jasper Team Regional!  Some very impressive performances!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.