Jason Tsirtsis

CgWrastlinDad11

This kid is a stud but I wouldn't bet against Cashe this year.  The kids bumping up weight classes to wrestle the best wrestlers possible and continues to win.  I believe Jason does have a shot at winning and will probably most definitely be in the finals, but Cashe is wrestling like a man possessed and is coming off a dominating performance last year against EMD Weinzapfel.  Cashe looks like a lighter weight Andrew Howe except not nearly as many tech falls.  But like I said I wouldn't sleep on Jason nor would I bet money against Cashe two great wrestlers both capable of shocking the wrestling world.

This would be the most challenging year for him to win having to deal with cash money..That being said, I think it is for sure a possibility...Cash's confidence has to be at an all time high in his ability after pulling off some big wins so far...Its gonna be a tall order for Jason to deal with, but he has the potential to overcome the odds...

But as far as my 125 state pick I do believe the finals will be Jason and Cashe...  This seems apparent to most everyone but I would have to pick Cashe this seasons Resume is totally amazing and Cashe is the defending champion.  You never know how a freshmen will react under the lights of state, but if anyone can overcome the pressure it would be Tsirtsis.

I definitely would not place a bet on this match because they are both great wrestlers.  Cashe is tough and I respect him for bumping to face the toughest competition.  Jason, however, is one of the smartest wrestlers I've seen.  He learns from his matches, and when he makes mistakes - he fixes them.  Can't wait.

im having a hard time picking against a kid who beat up napulus pretty good(who was the only non-cashe person to beat the afore mentioned weinzapfel last year) but then again i think cashe has like 729 victories over highly ranked kids this year so its gonna be a good one

Cashe is highly talented and wrestles smart as well.  I was not intending to compare his career as a whole to Howe's but as far as this season Cashe has wrestled as tough as schedule as anyone and bumping up weight classes to beat the best.  Reece was amazing and Cashe has not yet wrestled an equivalent, but Cashe just flat out did work this season.

This is a side note and off of topic but do you think this is the year Taylor March gets his first place ring?  He is definitely talented enough, and he has the finals match experience could this be the year?

This is a side note and off of topic but do you think this is the year Taylor March gets his first place ring?  He is definitely talented enough, and he has the finals match experience could this be the year?

if he gets a good draw, say Dillon or lower in semi finals, he will go into the finals match

Roach is incredibly tough though. Only loses to Churchard last year, as a freshman

But i bet March realizes its his last year and hes gotta go for

i willing the bet hes just gonna go nuts at state

I am about to go negative on my cool point here but what the hell.

For those of you who may remember, somebody in the Reece camp opted to bump down from 130 to 125 at sectional time in 2004.

Robbing the wrestling community of one hell of a match. It would have been Angel vs Reece for 130.

Angel majored Reece 13-5 at the state in 2002.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Naco, you might want to check the Al Smith results. March lost to Dillon there in the finals.

uh yea i know that

dont you think it would be better for him to face Roach in the finals, then semi finals?

i think so

i think Roach will be a tougher match than Dillon

My first time seeing his brother was under the lights.

I hope I experience some Deja Vu.

For those of you that have watched Jason how is he different (if at all) from Alex on the mat?

The few times I've seen him wrestle, I thought he ran legs better than Alex.  But then again, Alex didn't have to.

I am about to go negative on my cool point here but what the hell.

For those of you who may remember, somebody in the Reece camp opted to bump down from 130 to 125 at sectional time in 2004.

Robbing the wrestling community of one hell of a match. It would have been Angel vs Reece for 130.

Angel majored Reece 13-5 at the state in 2002.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Didn't Reece also drop part way through his senior year to 130 to avoid Angel at 135, too?  It would have been great for the fans to have gotten to see that one under the lights, but I can't fault Reece for doing what he felt was best for himself.

I wasn't at Traicoff, but heard Jason was after him the whole match.  Obviously, Cashe has been in the spotlight all season and rightfully so beating everyone in his path.  He is the champ and it's his to lose.  If anyone can beat Cashe, it's Jason.  In my opinion, biased of course is that Tsirtsis will dethrone "The Beast" Quiroga.

It will be a great match...probally the best one Saturday night.

But some ask "Can Jason handle the pressure of being under the spot light?" I do believe this kid has been in the spot light for quite some time. He's nationaly ranked in the top 30 for ALL 125#'s in the Nation as a Freshman.  I think he will do just fine against Cashe. We have been talking about how talented the "kid" has been since he was in 6th grade.  So I dont think we can take a thing away from him now.

Good Luck to all the Wrestlers this weekend and through out the tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.