BJ Penn vs St. Peirre II Sat

ontherise219

BJ is DEFINITELY not the Best skill wise P4p. Anderson Silva is. He is excellent at Muay-Thai and Boxing. He has a Black Belt in BJJ Under the Noguiera Brothers and has some pretty good wrestling. BJ is in the top 5 but He isn't the best. GSP ranks over him in most, and Lyoto Machida is a JOKE. He is not in the top 5 in 205 and He won't beat Thiago Silva anyways. Tito is a good fighter but Machida was scared to throw hands. Evans,Griffin,Jackson,Jardine,Rua,Liddell and Silva would all beat Machida HANDS DOWN!

Jardine and Liddell could not beat Machida hands down.  Machida would kick Liddell into a bag of ground beef just like Jardine did.  As for Jardine, is just the welcome to the UFC match and/or climb your way back to the top match.  He is not relevant to the title anymore, if he ever was.

Machida is still relatively unproven. His big win is Tito, which is fairly impressive, but it doesn't mean what it would've meant 5 years ago. I think he has a great chance to beat Thiago (another relatively unproven fighter with a great W/L record), but that doesn't mean he'd beat Liddell, Rampage, Forrest or Evans. I root against Machida because of his style. While his ducking, side-stepping and dodging is good for his self-preservation, I think it sucks for fans. I would hate for his style to become the norm in MMA.

I think GSP will win. He's the best athlete in MMA and his training is second to none. The only clear advantage I see for BJ is with offensive submissions. I think BJ is a quicker, better puncher, but GSP has a wider variety of effective strikes, and his kicks are far ahead of Penn's--they are basically even on their feet. George is among the very best takedown and control guys in MMA; no doubt he'll put Penn on his back eventually.  GSP is such a hard worker; I think he's improved more than Penn since their last bout, which was incredibly close. I see a very close fight, with GSP winning 3 rounds to 2 due to his takedown and control and superior conditioning.

BJ is DEFINITELY not the Best skill wise P4p. Anderson Silva is. He is excellent at Muay-Thai and Boxing. He has a Black Belt in BJJ Under the Noguiera Brothers and has some pretty good wrestling. BJ is in the top 5 but He isn't the best. GSP ranks over him in most, and Lyoto Machida is a JOKE. He is not in the top 5 in 205 and He won't beat Thiago Silva anyways. Tito is a good fighter but Machida was scared to throw hands. Evans,Griffin,Jackson,Jardine,Rua,Liddell and Silva would all beat Machida HANDS DOWN!

p4p goes to Fedor, hands down. He could make 205 real easy if he wanted. Heres a guy with one lose. Lost his fourth fight of his career because of a cut, and then wins 27 in a row to the best guys there are.  I love to watch Silva, but 4 loses and a 9 win streak isn't as impressive. But I think BJ, GSP and Silva are 4,3,2 respectivley.

Fedor didn't actually lose by cut, at least not in the traditional sense. He was cut by an illegal elbow 17 seconds into the fight, but the fight was part of a tournament, and RINGS needed someone to advance, which obviously Fedor could not do. So, basically, he didn't really lose at all. No one has ever beat him, even by a fortunate cut.

Not only is he world-class in sambo and judo, his punches are as accurate and powerful as anyone in MMA. I think he is a good choice for #1 on the p4p list, and I laugh when I see experts like Josh Gross say that Anderson Silva would beat him.

My p4p is: 1. The Last Emperor, 2. GSP, 3. Spider Silva, 4. Penn, 5. Torres/Evans

Fedor could be the best P4P. Arloski exploded some serious holes in his stand up last fight. Quickness and strong pressure would give him trouble. Fedor just has so much power that it overcame technique. I worry Fedor is going to, hit that slope that all great fighters hit here soon. Nog, Chuck, Tito... where ago catches up. I would love to see him come to the UFC along with Barnett against their heavies. One thing BJ has on GSP is that he has fight in Pride and other orgs like that and beat their top fighters. He submitted Gomi who was considered the best 155 at the time by a large margin.

Machido is boring but he is also undefeated and fighting in the UFC. I think he can live with that. lol

If I had 100 dollars to put on BJ / GSP fight Id take it and go to the boat and throw it down on black!

I don't really think Arlovski exposed Fedor. Fedor picked his spot, like he's always done. Plus, Arlovski is one of the 4 or 5 best HWTs in the world. Fedor put him to sleep with a pinpoint punch. Fedor wins by skill much more than natural ability. He is equally dominant on the ground or his feet.

People said Fujita exposed Fedor when he rocked him with a punch--Fedor finished him soon thereafter. Randleman suplexes Fedor on his head--Fedor submits him quickly thereafter. CroCop starts landing some counters to Fedor--Fedor puts him on the ground and controls him. Everyone says Minotauro will submit Fedor if it goes to the ground--Fedor stays in Nogueira's guard for basically the entire fight and lands some of the most brutal GnP in MMA history. Lindland gets underhooks and tries to suplex Fedor--Fedor reverses him in midair and ends up in a dominant position when they hit the ground.

Anyway, my point is that Fedor really doesn't have any known weakness. He can be cut, like every person, but he can also fight through a nasty cut, like he did with Lindland. I don't think he's going to slow down any time soon. Unlike Minotauro, he hasn't taken a bunch of poundings. He's ended most of his fights pretty quickly.

Also, Penn never fought in Pride. He did beat Gomi, a 155, and Gomi is good, but the fight was in Hawaii and just 2 months after Gomi lost to Hansen. GSP has beat far better competition IMO.

I don't know that I would agree that GSP has fought better opponents.  They have the common opponents of Hughes, Serra, and Sherk.  BJ has fought a lot of tough dudes as has GSP.  GSP did lose to Serra (a chump, imo) but I give him a pass on that since it was a lucky shot to the back of the head.  I think they are even for the most part on past opponents.

Off the subject, I would love to see GSP vs. Spider Silva at 185.  GSP would be giving up a lot of weight since Silva walks around at 200+, but it could be a great fight if GSP can put on some weight for it.

Agreed its tough to argue against Silva as best P4P, but you can't compare his or any one elses BJJ skills to Penn's.

I think GSP will win. He's the best athlete in MMA and his training is second to none. The only clear advantage I see for BJ is with offensive submissions. I think BJ is a quicker, better puncher, but GSP has a wider variety of effective strikes, and his kicks are far ahead of Penn's--they are basically even on their feet. George is among the very best takedown and control guys in MMA; no doubt he'll put Penn on his back eventually.  GSP is such a hard worker; I think he's improved more than Penn since their last bout, which was incredibly close. I see a very close fight, with GSP winning 3 rounds to 2 due to his takedown and control and superior conditioning.

I totally agree with GSP being the best athlete in MMA.  However, the thing I can't seem to get over is the fact that GSP seems to be treating this as any other fight -- business as usual. Whether it's true or not -- it's the impression I get watching him.  BJ seems to have a chip on his shoulder.  My head is telling me GSP will win this fight, but heart is saying BJ -- so I'm going with the Prodigy.

Well, Machida was anything but boring.  Silva proved to have a glass jaw and will be looking for a com back fight.  For his sake, it better not be someone with boxing skills.

GSP was sensational.  I assume anyone questioning his training can rest assured that it was top notch.  BJ  just leaves us wondering.  He talked a lot of smack and didn't do anything.  His famous rubber guard was not a factor.  GSP outclassed him in all areas.  So, is BJ overated or is GSP that good.  You can't say BJ got caught.  It was a thorough beating in every round.  Didn't BJ question GSP's heart at one time.  Well, it looked like BJ's corner throwing in the towel.  They called it a doctor's stoppage, but that is not what it appeared to be.  Looked like the corner threw in the towel.  Hope BJ can come back from this, but I don't look for him at 170 for a long while.

Well, Machida was anything but boring.  Silva proved to have a glass jaw and will be looking for a com back fight.  For his sake, it better not be someone with boxing skills.

GSP was sensational.  I assume anyone questioning his training can rest assured that it was top notch.  BJ  just leaves us wondering.  He talked a lot of smack and didn't do anything.  His famous rubber guard was not a factor.  GSP outclassed him in all areas.  So, is BJ overated or is GSP that good.   You can't say BJ got caught.  It was a thorough beating in every round.  Didn't BJ question GSP's heart at one time.  Well, it looked like BJ's corner throwing in the towel.  They called it a doctor's stoppage, but that is not what it appeared to be.  Looked like the corner threw in the towel.  Hope BJ can come back from this, but I don't look for him at 170 for a long while.

He called GSP a "b!tch" and told him to eff himself as well. BJ really put his foot in his mouth this time.

GSP was sensational.  I assume anyone questioning his training can rest assured that it was top notch.  BJ  just leaves us wondering.  He talked a lot of smack and didn't do anything.  His famous rubber guard was not a factor.  GSP outclassed him in all areas.  So, is BJ overated or is GSP that good.   You can't say BJ got caught.  It was a thorough beating in every round.  Didn't BJ question GSP's heart at one time.  Well, it looked like BJ's corner throwing in the towel.  They called it a doctor's stoppage, but that is not what it appeared to be.  Looked like the corner threw in the towel.  Hope BJ can come back from this, but I don't look for him at 170 for a long while.

He called GSP a "b!tch" and told him to eff himself as well. BJ really put his foot in his mouth this time.

Regardless of his talent, BJ is still a spoiled little rich kid that doesn't have to work hard and doesn't take orders from his trainer-brother.

I agree that there's a huge difference b/w the adversity that GSP and BJ have faced in their lives. It's one thing to fight for the love of the sport and the love of competition and another thing to fight b/c you don't want to go back to working 3 jobs, one of which was trashman. BJ might be even better if he wasn't born with the silver spoon.

Regardless of his talent, BJ is still a spoiled little rich kid that doesn't have to work hard and doesn't take orders from his trainer-brother.

Good match would be GSP vs. Anderson Silva.  Who wins?

Lutter gave Silva trouble with takedowns. GSP def has 10x the wrestling. He has a very strong base and is hard to submit. Silva would get the edge in striking especially with the reach advantage. It'd be a good show!