Aaron Riley

Drooke

I didn't realize until some info at this forum informed me that Aaron was an Indiana fighter.

I watched the Couture-Lesnar Re-play last night and was very impressed with Aaron's composure during his fight with Gurgel.

Not to mention he really lights him up.

Does anyone know what is next for him?

Aaron helped Jeff Osborne's Hook N Shoot promotion really take off. Riley was the local boy and had a HUGE following in Evansville. He fought his first fight at 16. The first live MMA event I went to had Riley in the main event and he's been one of my favorite fighters ever since.

His chin is among the very best in the sport. In his last bout vs. Yves Edwards, Riley fought the entire fight with a broken jaw, nose, ruptured pallet and many broken teeth. He was on the receiving end of a lethal Edwards knee about 20 seconds into the fight. Riley had emergency surgery right after the bout. I don't think there are too many fighters in the world that would've continued to fight with those injuries, but Riley not only fought, he gave Yves a great match.

He is a classic overachiever; not a superb athlete but he has a world-class heart. He has a powerful right hand that can put his opponent to sleep with one shot.

He's fought and won in Pride and the UFC and he's like another Hoosier, Chris Lytle--everytime he fights, the fans get their money's worth.