2 AA's riding the pine

I don't blame the coaches for Hernandez or Coughlin. I don't think they are victims of anything other than heart, intensity, and/or poor choices. Hernandez knew he was bumping up a weight this season, maybe he should have been in the weightroom or drilling a little more, rather than doing the Andre & Angel wrestling camps that were plastered all over this board during the summer. I dare say a National Championship would have gone a lot longer toward fulfulling future coaching or career aspirations than making a few bucks off Angel's coat tails. Coughlin is at the right weight at the wrong time. Kinzer has amazing heart, instensity and the sheer will to win that gives him an edge over Matt. Anyone that's followed the Kinzer/Coughlin saga over the last couple of years could have seen this coming.  I think the coaches should be commended for offering our homegrown young men a chance to participate at a level of competition that a lot of them never would have been able to realize. Oh sure, Escobedo, Tsirtsis, and Howe could get a slot on any team in the nation, but I wonder if guys like Kinzer, Young, Warren, Kelly, and all the rest of the Indiana recruits would have ever had the chance had it not been for Goldman & Mena. I'll take these Hoosiers with our own blood over an Iowa Championship Team any day. Jeesh, it's college wrestling, not a pro football franchise. It's a state college and I'm sure my tax dollars somehow support it so I'd like to see a majority of Indiana boys on the team. Of course, it doesn't hurt to throw a Dobuque in there once in a while either.