Wrestler moving to Indiana

Shootfirst

Out oof the list you gave of schools you are interested in. Portage & Crown Point have the best wretling programs (hands down). Portage is probably more affordable in the housing market, both are good academically but I would give the edge to Crown Point in that catagory. Also Portage (Porter County) has cheaper taxes & lower auto insurance rates. Both are great schools & communities. Portage has an assistant coach that was a 3X all-american @ Oklahoma State. He also was an assistant coach at Indiana University. You should visit the communities & talk to some of the people on this board about them. I live in Portage, I chose to move here after the Marines for the above reasons. Of course Crown Point has changed alot since then. Either way, you can't go wrong. I know my son, Sean would love to have another partner in the room!

basically crown point is more of a rich person town than portage is...wrestling program wise they both are steller...as for the other schools you had laporte is down this year mc is getting better and new prarie is always a tough little school

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe... But you might also get a couple blue rings, whether you start or not.

LOL ... one other indicator to watch for ..... schools with students that spend their school day on chat boards instead of studying (hint:  see above) ...  ;D

http://indianamat.com/messageboard/index.php?action=profile;u=231;sa=statPanel

Ahahaha thats hilarious groundhog  ;D...Pretty slick to look that up!

Isn't Culver a private school? We would love to send him to Culver but money would prevent us from it.

Ya, they are very expensive at Culver.

Very expensive, yet very affordable. Nearly 50% of our students are only some sort of financial aid. Rarely do we refuse qualified candidates as a result of financial issues. We have several admissions people that help deal with that and make it family affordable for students. Don't be misinformed!

Tennessee what are your oppinions on the level of wrestling between IN and Tn high schools. I know that recently one of the top programs here (Father Ryan HS) wrestled Mater Dei and it was pretty close if I remember correctly.Do you still have any affiliation with any of the schools here in TN. Brookfield from Wisc. came down to TN this year and only finished 5th or 6th out of about 24 teams in the tourny the attended.Union Co. from KY attended the same tourny and finished 1st.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.