Best summer camp for the $$$?

drewboy78

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended this camp about 3 weeks before I went to Fargo.  A few others had the same Idea, it was a great experience for the simple fact of the caliber of wrestlers that where there.  On top of that you can tell Jeff Jordan loves what he does and actually cares about the wrestlers, he knew everyones name by the time they left and he even takes care of you while you are there.  Two examples: 1. I forgot my pillow(dumb I know) and he saw me without one approached me and asked me why I didn't ask him for one earlier. 2. My kneepads where junk so he gave me one of his, I don't imagine at a bigger camp like IU or OSU that Goldman or Ryan would give you one of their kneepads.  Possibly the biggest benefit to this camp is if you come from a team that doesnt practice drilling correctly, he gets the idea across quickly.  So overall, you wrestle with the best kids in the nation, he takes care and cares for every wrestler there and you learn how to drill properly.  It was a huge confidence booster and helped me out tremendously in high school.  It was worth every penny and I would recommend it to anyone that has the desire to work hard and get better.

Please check out the Wabash College Website for the 2009 Wabash College Wrestling Camp.  This camp offers a ton of individual technique sessions from some of the best clinicians in the country.  You will also gain valuable summer mat time with 12 dual matches throughout the week.  This camp is one of the cheapest camps in the country considering all that is offered.  The Date for this camp is June 14-18, 2009 and will be held in the Allen Athletics Center Field House on the campus of Wabash College.  Clinicians headlining this summer's camp include; Dan Gable-Legendary University of Iowa coach and 1972 Olympic Gold medalist, Henry Cejudo- 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist, Bruce Baumgartner-2-time Olympic Gold Medalist and holder of 13 olympic & World Championship medals, Cary Kolat-2000 Olympian, 2X national champion & 2x world medalist, Derek Moore (UC Davis)- 2007 DI National Champion & OW of national tournament, plus many more.  This is a great camp and has been very well attended over the past 4 years.  This is a great camp if your looking for outstanding technique sessions, alot of mat time and  on a tight budget!

Check it out:  www.wabash.edu/sports/wrestling/camps

Check out the "Wall of Fame" on www.jordantrained.com, many familiar names from Indiana and around the country.  I would post it but I'm not sure about the copyright laws and it's a fairly large list.   Note the first 2 Indiana names you come to are Blake Maurer and Alex Tsirtsis!

Another plus at Jordans is in the live sessions usually David Taylor, Nick Brascetta, Felipe Martinez, some Troy Christian state champs, and other Ohio studs come in to roll around. I was looking at the chart that Raley and Tsirtsis went to and it had Taylor, the Stiebers, Destin McCauley, and many other top ranked wrestlers in the country.

do u guys have a date in mind for the Culver camp yet?

We have Angel Escobedo confirmed. We are working on Mark Perry and Nate Gallick still. They will likely be in. We will be charging $275 per athelte and will make deals for teams, so contact me as soon as possible. The dates are set at June 11-14, 2009. There will be more details to come.

For Middle School kids the Primetime Wrestling Camp is awesome.  There are great clinicians, there are always lots of good partners, and the price is incredible when compared to other camps of it's length.  The link to the camp information is below.

www.primetimewrestlingcamp.com

Consider our camp.  It's affordable with great instruction.

Wapahani Wrestling Club 3rd Annual Day Camp

July 17 - 19, 2009

Eligibility: Wrestlers in grades K ? 12 are eligible to participate

Selma Middle School, 10510 E. CR 167 S., Selma, Indiana 47383

Featured Clinician: Limestone College Head Coach Trent Goodale

Guest Clinician: Olympian Sara McMann

Assistants: Casey Bradley and other Limestone wrestlers along with several local high school, middle school and club coaches

Cost: $100 Dollars

6 Sessions of Wrestling Instruction (1-Friday, 3-Saturday & 2-Sunday)

Video, General College Admission/Requirements and Photos/Autograph Sessions

Lunch and Snack

Each Camper will also receive a Camp T-Shirt and Welcome Package

For Additional Information Contact Camp Director and Wapahani Coach Ralph Smith at e-mail rsmith@vinu.edu or phone at (765) 286-0630

Is Jordan's Camp really one of the best? I mean can you get alot out of it in only 4 days?

J Robinson has 2-4 week camps

And can anyone tell me anything about the Ken Chertow Camps?

Yes you get a tremedous amount out of Jeff Jordan's camp. It is a very efficient camp. It is in Ohio just north of Dayton.

Chertows camp covers a wider spectrum of tecnique because he brings in clinicians, while Jeff Jordan has his high school staff and Graham graduates.

I can attest to the Culver camp.  My son went there last year and absoutely loved it.  He said he worked hard and learned alot but he also had some fun.  We had a team go so it was discounted a little bit.  If any one has a chance to send their child there, this is the camp to do it.  My son loved Mark Perry as a coach and will be estatic to know that he is going to be there again this year.  You can count on  my son returning!!!

We now officially have both Mark Perry and Angel Escobedo confirmed. We are waiting for Nate Gallick to get back to the states. He will contact us as soon as he checks his schedule. Either way...$275 for a four day camp with Angel and Mark is worth it in itself. There's a reason we call it the CMA National Champ Camp! Brochures/camp website should be up and running by the end of next week. Shoot me an email with your address if you'd like a brochure mailed to you or if you'd like more information.

Andy Nicola

CMA Wrestling

nicolaa@culver.org

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.