Famous Duo's

Scout101

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I think of famous duo's I think of the best one-two punch in a teams line up.   In other words two weight classes back to back  (or at the most one weight class seperation) where you are alsmost guaranteed big results.  These guy probably wrestle with each other in practice a lot and push each other to be the best.   If both wrestlers make it to state I would say that constitutes as a great wrestling duo.   In their 4 year of high school I would say Alex T and Andre H are about the best example you can find of this.

While several people have listed some great teammates and even teams it does seems like we've went way past the true "duo" part in at this point.

Most famous duo ever? Clive and Otto!!!!!! End of thread!!!!!!!!!!!

When those two would be on the old chat room you never knew what was going to be said.  :o

Fun times had!

When I think of famous duo's I think of the best one-two punch in a teams line up.   In other words two weight classes back to back  (or at the most one weight class seperation) where you are alsmost guaranteed big results.  These guy probably wrestle with each other in practice a lot and push each other to be the best.   If both wrestlers make it to state I would say that constitutes as a great wrestling duo.    In their 4 year of high school I would say Alex T and Andre H are about the best example you can find of this.

While several people have listed some great teammates and even teams it does seems like we've went way past the true "duo" part in at this point.

Thank you for bringing this to light and the true meaning of duo.  Wahoo to you.

In just looking at Duos, I think Will Hill and Vernon Cannon stand out to me.  Both graduated the same year and finished 1st and 2nd respectively at state their senior years.  But what I think makes them a great Duo for this discussion is that their team wasnt that strong.  It was basically a 1-2 punch of Hill and Cannon.

Dont get me wrong all the above mentioned "duos", "trios", or teams are all deserving.

In just looking at Duos, I think Will Hill and Vernon Cannon stand out to me.  Both graduated the same year and finished 1st and 2nd respectively at state their senior years.  But what I think makes them a great Duo for this discussion is that their team wasnt that strong.  It was basically a 1-2 punch of Hill and Cannon.

Dont get me wrong all the above mentioned "duos", "trios", or teams are all deserving.

Will Hill had a huge fan base from EMD especially after beating James Brimm of Evansville Central in (I believe) 95 state championship semifinals. I ended up meeting his cousin who went to USI a year later pretty cool dude.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.