Hoosier Heritage Conf. - New Pal, Yorktown, Pendleton, etc.

Coach McCormick

The Hoosier Heritage Conference (HHC) will be hosted by Yorktown this year.  It is scheduled to take place this Saturday, January 17.

HHC schools include Delta, Greenfield Central, Mount Vernon, New Palestine, Pendleton Hts., Rushville, Shelbyville and Yorktown.

The schedule for the day is as follows:

7:00am    Doors open

7:30am    Weigh-ins

8:30am    Round 1

10:15am  Round 2 (loser's bracket)

10:45am  Round 3 (winner's semi's)

12:00pm  Lunch break

12:30pm  Round 4 (loser's bracket)

1:30pm    Round 5 (championship matches 1st - 6th on 3 mats)

112 is going to be killer.  Cody Stewart from Rushville, Steve Gonzales from Delta, and Devon Jackson.  This weight class is going to have to wrestle hard and tough to end up on the podium. 

What other weight classes are going to be interesting?

Todd- PH

Bukea- SH

FF- De

Morgan- MV

Wright- NP

Schlechtwey- RU

Jester- GC

Bevans- Y

Stewart- Ru

Ingle- NP

Clark- SH

Wilson- PH

Gonzales- De

Ruff- GC

Eastman- MV

Jackson- Y

Bevans- Y

Sterling- De

Mayhugh- GC

Anspaugh- SH

McCarthy- MV

Estes- RU

Tran- NP

Eshelman- PH

Hiestand- Y

Manning- GC

Wagner- RU

Jarrett- PH

Robinson- NP

Dobbs- De

Howard- MV

Williams- SH

Smith- Y

Sanner- PH

Jester- GC

Mogollon- MV

Riedling- NP

Quick- SH

FF De

Hunter- RU

Hillen- RU

Branson- SH

FF De

Rench- Y

Pearson- NP

Ray- PH

Colclazier- GC

Williams- MV

Harper- Y

FF De

Hope- MV

Varga- GC

Duncan- RU

Hanna- SH

Stephenson- PH

Corman- NP

Dulaney- Y

Boucher- SH

Newkirk- MV

Nicholson- PH

Heald- GC

Miers- Ru

Allen- De

Waldrup- NP

Mosier- Y

Hoskins- GC

Tackett- MV

Larner- SH

Jennings- NP

Wilson- RU

Murray- De

Holt- PH

Durphy- SH

Geer- MV

Komlanc- RU

Horan- NP

Casner- Y

FF De

Holaway- GC

Todd- PH

Flanary- RU

Johnson- SH

Moffitt- PH

Burke- Y

Gruell- GC

Lee- De

Stratman- MV

Phelps- NP

Dely- De

Myers- MV

McClurg- RU

Brown- Y

Poynter- NP

Coleman- SH

Early- GC

Nichols- PH

Halbert- NP

Meyer- RU

Fuatavai- De

Smitherman- PH

Byrne- SH

Gearlds- GC

Higgins- Y

Balbach- MV

Janney- Y

Howe- GC

Schafer- De

Catellier- PH

Cjaza- NP

Anderson- MV

Harrison- SH

Gray- RU

Todd- PH

Jackson- Y

Bevans- Y

Hiestand- Y

Reidling- NP

Hillen- RU

Harper- Y

Dulaney- Y

Mosier- Y

Todd- PH

Phelps- NP

Dely- De

Halbert- NP

Janney- Y

Yorktown wins team title

112 will be an interesting weight class

112 is going to be killer.  Cody Stewart from Rushville, Steve Gonzales from Delta, and Devon Jackson.  This weight class is going to have to wrestle hard and tough to end up on the podium. 

What other weight classes are going to be interesting?

Come on now, don't forget about Andrew. He can wrestle with those guys. I'm going with Stevie, obviously, but he'll have to get past Devon first just to get to the finals. Stevie beat Stewart twice last year, but Devon has beaten Stevie twice this year. You can't forget about Andrew Wilson, whom i see from the results page beat returning state qualifier Matt Miller last week. Its gonna be a fun weight class, thats for sure.

It looks to me like the lighter weights will be the hardest in this conference, there could be some big upsets if a few guys wrestle their hearts out.

I agree Coach Ryan, Battle Royale might be a better descriptor.

You can't forget about Andrew Wilson, whom i see from the results page beat returning state qualifier Matt Miller last week. Its gonna be a fun weight class, thats for sure.

Geez!  So much for not putting a target on an underdog's back!  ;)  I was hoping no one would notice that!  Andrew's been wrestling really well and is definitely pumped for conference.  But... as I am sure all of these guys are aware... it is not going to be an easy day!!

Cody Harper of Yorktown over JR Corman of New Pal @ 140 is the upset of the day. Other possible upsets would be Stewart of Rushville over Jackson from Yorktown @ 112, Jake Jennings of New pal over Mosier from Yorktown @ 152 would be huge, don't see it happening though, and what will end up being the match of the day @ 145 Dulaney of Yorktown over Waldroup from New Pal @ 145. This is assuming these wrestlers end up in the finals, and are at these weights. Here's to a safe and good day of wraslin! Good luck to everyone.

As for the 140 wieght class, how could a #1 seed over a #3 seed be an upset???  The #1 seed Yorktown wrestler is seeded over a two time state quaifier and a one time state qualifier so he must be the favorite.  Either that or the seedings must be "homespun".  Especially if someone thinks #1 winning over #3 is an "upset".  The "upset" in this class would be if #3  New Pal(one time state qualifier) would win over #2 Rushville(two time state qualifier).  ???

Posted by: hezzaballer 

As for the 140 wieght class, how could a #1 seed over a #3 seed be an upset???  The #1 seed Yorktown wrestler is seeded over a two time state quaifier and a one time state qualifier so he must be the favorite.  Either that or the seedings must be "homespun".  Especially if someone thinks #1 winning over #3 is an "upset".  The "upset" in this class would be if #3  New Pal(one time state qualifier) would win over #2 Rushville(two time state qualifier).   

If Cody Harper at 140 is seeded #1 then so be it. I was going off of the current rankings at each weight class to determine my predictions, cause I had no idea who was seeded where. Also missed the fact that Duncan was at 140 or it would have been Harper upsetting two state qualifiers to win conference. ;D

Stewart pinned Wilson. It was a real close match and Stewart pinned him late in the 3rd.

Jackson beat Gonzales 4-0. Gonzales messed his knee up during the match.

Gonzales forfeited to Wilson for 3rd place due to his hurt knee.

Jackson beat Stewart 6-0 in the finals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.