Blake Maurer

After this weekend with so many Indiana wrestlers doing so well at the National Duals I began to wonder about Blake.  I understand that severe neck injuries eliminated the possibility for him to wrestle in college ever again. But with Alex and Angel possibly primed for a championship run in March as well as his teammate Reece's awesome performance this year just makes me think that he would be right there with them. I've  always felt that Blake was one of the most talented kids to ever come out of Indiana. Other than bringing up old memories I was wondering if anyone out there knew how Blake was doing and what he is up to now? 

Blake still has at least one year of school left, and still hasn't done his student teaching, so I'm thinking that it's too long of a drive from Columbus, OH, to Jasper, IN, every day for practice and/or meets  :o

True, the Jasper folks are looking down the road and thinking about him in a year or so, but there hasn't been an interview yet.

I spoke to Blake's father at the Mater Dei Christmas tourney and he confirmed that Blake is still in school, coaching at a local high school, and working on a teaching degree. He also confirmed that Blake would definately consider coming back to Indiana and looking in to a teaching/coaching job in the area. Good luck Blake!