State Championship Predictions

Guest Spaz34

There have been many times that a lot of us have watched the semis and said that we just saw the championship match.  Many times, we were probably right.  However, there are also those occasions where the winner of that "championship match" goes on to lose under the lights. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

130  Harper vs  Spencer

Spencer has some real impressive wins and a few "quality losses" (if you believe in that term).

Would he have a shot??

Sure ! He wrestled well with cashe and to be honest it's to easy to pick the number 1 and 2 ranked wrestlers in the finals in reality that don't happen cause of draws and upsets. In reality all sixteen wrestlers in their weight classes has the potential to make to to the finals.

yea..he did wrestle cash well..both times they wrestled Spencer had him beat 5-0 both matches...and it came down to overtime the first match and the second match it came down to a fleeing the mat call with like 30 sec. to go that gave cash the 10-9 victory

yea..he did wrestle cash well..both times they wrestled Spencer had him beat 5-0 both matches...and it came down to overtime the first match and the second match it came down to a fleeing the mat call with like 30 sec. to go that gave cash the 10-9 victory

Wow i didnt know those matches were that close...Says alot about cash money tho...The kid doesnt let up

Spencer will win at 130 Hands Down. This kid is amazingly strong and has almost flawless technique. He WILL beat Josh Harper if they wrestle.

Come on man!! Get a clue!

WOW ! Harper is unbeatable ( the cashe match was a fluke ) - sarcasm ! Hey if that's what the guy thinks about Spencer no problem ! Everybody has their picks and favorites ! I don't know if I could make that bold of a statement ! But everybody has a right to an opinion.

I'm not sure why you're counting Powell (160) out so quickly.  He's very good and has dominated nearly every match.

The man makes a great point. Powell does dominate every match he wrestles in. The kid was undefeated all the way up til the semi-state championship last year and lost a close one to ryan baker, and lost a close one to Freeman a week later at state. I don't honestly see alot of people giving Powell a shot til the semi-finals of state. That's just my opinion though.

Powell is a dang good wrestler. He will be making some big noise at conseco. I wouldn't count him out. He's definately State Champion material. He's dangerous on his feet and more dangerous on bottom. The kid works hard on and off the mat. A very dedicated wrestler who has something to prove. Good luck this year Ross, kick some butt!

Meyers and Powell in the 160 finals.  Meyers has recovered from his knee and Powell from his shoulder surgery.  Powell has faced 5 kids that were ranked and dominated Meyers has dominated his ranked matches. Both schools have faced ranked teams Crown Point has faced 5 Northridge has faced 4 (5?). Ranked teams may not bring ranked kids to your weight but do bring a higher level of competition overall.  More importantly, both are on a mission and that counts for a lot. If they are in opposite brackets I put them in the finals otherwise Runyan joins the mix. Todd could be in the mix, I don't know if his school faces the same competition as the other 3 so has he been tested, no slam on him at all, he may be great.

i'd venture to say that last years 171 semifinal of Blackwell vs. Samuels could be considered the championship match. but i also don't remember what the finals score was, but i know it didn't go to OT

It didn't go into overtime. Samuels beat Graber 7-0. I quess you c0uld consider Samuels semi-final match the state championship match, but It wasn't. Not all State Championship matches are exciting and close.

Wasn't Samuels given a late reversal to beat Blackwell by 1 pt? I was there and it was a wonderful match that I agree maybe should have been for the championship but I would also agree the blind draw system for the state finals is probably the best system.I would hate to hev the responsibility of seeding all those great,qualified wrestlers in each class where would you start and how would you finish??

I know one thing and that is I will be holding my breath if any of my grandsons make it to state again just to see the draw because it can be such a mental thing.

Guest renegade

Man what a show down with tsirtsis the frosh and cashe the man .. i would hate for cashe to lose but love to see the possibility of another 4timer

very very interesting

103: Jared Brooks over Brenden Campbell

112: Brandon Nelson over Anthony Hawkins

119: Justin Brooks over Camden Eppert

125: Jason Tsirtsis over Cashe Quiroga

130: Frankie Porras over Josh Harper

135: Eric Roach over Taylor March

140: Steven Sandefer over Tony McGinley

145: Daniel Young over Zach Corpe

152: Kyle Mosier over Sean McMurrY

160: Mark Myers over Briar Runyan

171:  Michael Duckworth over Braden Atwood

189: Marcus Shrewsbury over Drew Graber

215: Nathan Cleveand over Billy Baker

Hwt: Adam Chalfant over Alex White

These are just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.