***New Team Rankings *** Released 1/6

decbell1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Team Rankings are finished.

A few notes about how I come up with them:

Dual meet scores always override individual tourneys, although when no common opponents exist, then I will use the individual tourney.

Several teams have very few matches against Top-20 caliber teams, so their spots can move a lot more than other teams.

Impressionable matches from the past week:

Mishawaka wins Al Smith

Perry Meridian beats Carmel and Portage

Portage beats Carmel

Castle wins Invite over Yorktown

New Castle beats Westfield

Ok here are a few things newpal has lost to perry twice now and the did in fact beat Carmel at north mont 31-26 so I don't know if u knew that or not

I was never given full results from North Montgomery. I can only go with what I have. If the team's site doesn't show the results, I don't have it.

I love that the Irish are looking up at Perry Meridian. Bring on the Falcons next week.

I was at the dual between PM and Cathedral last year, I remember how intense it was. I simply had to go with PM because a) they are undefeated and B) I have them splitting 7-7 with Mishawaka on Saturday.

So Castle just bumps up a spot and Yorktown drops all the way down?

South biased continues to run rampant.

Teams from the South are the hardest to rank because they simply don't wrestle duals with the other top teams in the state. All I have to go off of for Castle is a L to MD and a close win in an individual tourney over a Yorktown team that has absolutely no matches against the other teams, so it makes it tough.

I love the South, don't worry.

This is an honest question:  How does MD get over CP?  CP has more ranked wrestlers than they do.  Head to head - I take CP.

I think it is difficult to not have Mater Dei ranked that high because they always prove that they deserve to be there.  That being said, I think CP might beat Mater Dei when and if they meet.

was EMD 2nd last year? yes. have they been beaten by any1 this year? No.

there is your answer

Your answer assumes that they, as well as all teams,  are the same as last year. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.