The Ultimate 2008

inmarine77

Lets have some predictions.

Griffin VS Evans--------- Evans

Nogera VS Mir ----------- Nogera (I hate Frank Mir)

Silva VS Rampage ------------ Rampage ( third time is a charm and silva is not the same fighter of old)

Forrest by Decision .. if Rashard Wins itll be by LnP. Forrest has height and reach plus it takes a shovel (or Jardines fist) to knock him out. Rampage is a Mirror image of Evans with evans having better wrestling but Rampage being stronger and more experienced. I see Forrest having no more trouble with Evans as he did with Rampage.

Mir by decision.. When you have to A level BJJ fighters they will neutralize each other. Nog might be better on the ground but not enough to sub someone like Mir. So it will go to other areas. I think Mir might have the edge in stand-up and strength.

Jackson by decision... Pride rules allowed knees to  grounded opponent which makes takedowns tougher. Seeing how its not allowed in UFC I think Rampage will take it to the ground. That being said, either one of them could win by K.O.  Wandy has better stand up.. Rampage is just very explosive.

I also hate Frank Mir, Who has he ever beat Tim Sylvia Who just got wrecked by Fedor.  So I'm going with Big Nog. If the fight between Rampage and Wandy is taken to the ground it will be a boring fight just like Arona vs Wandy but if it is a stand up war Wandy all the way. I'm going to go with Rashad, but I wouldn't put money on it.But it is funny how Tito is washed up but beat Forrest and should have beat Rashad if he didn't get dinged for a point(it ended in a draw)

Forrest vs Rashad -- I thought Forrest would win a 5-round decision against Rashad.  I guess I underestimated Rashad.

Mir vs Nog -- I really thought Nog would win this fight.  I think time has finally taken is toll on Nog. 

Rampage vs Silva -- Based on pure fighting skills at this point, I would have picked Rampage.  But I wasn't sure how he would respond to legal problems. 

Will the Mir-Lesner bout now be the biggest ever for UFC?

I think it could be, simply because I think people will want to see if Brock can revenge his last loss. But it will probably come down to who else is on the main card with them. I know I cant wait for it, cause even though I dont like Mir he has looked really good.

I'm guessing after that performance Mir is about to pull ina whole new fan base... That was the most impressive I've ever seen a heavyweight fighter look, simply for the fact he dominated a living legend from the opening bell to the TKO. WAR MIR!!!!

I tend to agree.  It seems that a lot of Nog's mystique is from Pride and the Pride guys don't seem to do as well in the cage with the UFC rules.  Shogun, Mirko, and W. Silva haven't looked as good in the UFC as they did in Pride.  I don't know if it is age, style, or competition.  I just don't think it should have been considered much of an upset, although that is easy to say now.  There wasn't really a part of the game that Nog was going to dominate Mir and obviously his stand-up and/or preparation needs a little work.

Nogueira has just taken too much abuse. Normally, he weathers the storm early and then uses his superior conditioning to beat opponents later in the fight. The blows that dropped Nogueira would've been shrugged off in the past. The guy that lost to Mir is a shell of the fighter that dominated Pride before Fedor. Mir wrecked him, but Minotauro looked awful.

Most interesting part for me was that Mir won on his feet.  What was billed as two JJ fighters going for technical superiority ended with a crushing punch w/o a lot of time on the ground.  What if Mir brought this game plan against Lesner?  I can't see Lesner getting submitted so easily a second time.  It would be worth the price to see how these two problem solve the other's strengths.

"It seems that a lot of Nog's mystique is from Pride and the Pride guys don't seem to do as well in the cage with the UFC rules.  Shogun, Mirko, and W. Silva haven't looked as good in the UFC as they did in Pride."

It's called age and a lack of drug testing in Japan.

"It seems that a lot of Nog's mystique is from Pride and the Pride guys don't seem to do as well in the cage with the UFC rules.  Shogun, Mirko, and W. Silva haven't looked as good in the UFC as they did in Pride."

It's called age and a lack of drug testing in Japan.

Those are huge reasons, but the UFC also strongly favors wrestlers, in terms of delayed standups and using the cage for takedowns.