Southern Indiana Athletic Conference **Brackets Posted**

rgray

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeds should look something like this:

103: Reitz, Harrsion, MD

112: Reitz. MD, Castle-----this is a critical class for SIAC. Anyone could win it but I think Adler should be back to top form after his injury.

119: Reitz, MD, ???

125: MD, Reitz, North-----This is another class where upsets could happen.

130: Reitz, MD, CA----This is another class where anything can happen and the #1 seed is important

135: MD, CA, MEM-----Important match for MD/CA

140: MD, CA, ????

145: MD, CA, ???

152: CA, MD, Reitz-----Several close matches here all year as well.

160: MD, CA, Reitz

171: MEM, CA, MD

189: CA then ??????-----This class is wide open as far as I can tell.

215: CA, MEM, MD -----Another class that I see as wide open

HVY: MEM, MD, CA-----Anything can happen with heavies.

MD should be a clear favorite but there have been a lot of close mathes over the year and only see two classes where MD should clearly win (140, 145). Reitz has two classes they should clearly win (103, 119) although Nutsdad might dispute 103. I only see one class where CA is a clear favorite (152).  All the other classes have had such close matches all year that I think anyone could win it. Beyond that MD should have the advantage with seeding. Many of these matches will happen all over again at Regionals.

Favorites in no paticular order:

103:  Reitz & Harrison

112:  Castle, Reitz, MD, Central

119:  Reitz

125:  MD, Reitz, North, Harrison

130:  Castle, Reitz, Central, MD

135:  Castle, MD, Memorial

140:  MD & Castle

145:  MD & Castle

152:  MD, Castle, Reitz

160:  MD, Castle, Reitz

171:  Memorial

189:  Castle, Memorial, Reitz, North,  Central, MD

215:  Castle

285:  Memorial

I think it will be

103:Hall

112:Moody

119:Johns

125:Rueger

130:KIng? he beat md

135:Weinzapel

140:Sims

145:Zenthoefer

152:KIng

160:Ritter if he moves up

171:Mann

189:Sandwith

215:Kercher

285:Borkowski

This is why "Pick'em" and Rankings are a joke...

MD beats Castle earlier in the year and Castle beats Reitz last weekend.  The individual outcomes would indicate that in most brackets MD will be the Number 1 and Castle the Number 2 seeds, with Reitz holding the number 3 seeds.  Of course this is not uniform. 

Lets look at 125...

MD beat Castle, Castle has beaten North and Reitz.  I am not sure if Memorial has won against any of these schools.

My point is, you can't just post things based on your best guess with NO idea who has done what...Then you are just posting your WISH list.

Seeds should look something like this:

103: Reitz, Harrsion, MD

112: Reitz. MD, Castle-----this is a critical class for SIAC. Anyone could win it but I think Adler should be back to top form after his injury.

119: Reitz, MD, ???

125: MD, Reitz, North-----This is another class where upsets could happen.

130: Reitz, MD, CA----This is another class where anything can happen and the #1 seed is important

135: MD, CA, MEM-----Important match for MD/CA

140: MD, CA, ????

145: MD, CA, ???

152: CA, MD, Reitz-----Several close matches here all year as well.

160: MD, CA, Reitz

171: MEM, CA, MD

189: CA then ??????-----This class is wide open as far as I can tell.

215: CA, MEM, MD -----Another class that I see as wide open

HVY: MEM, MD, CA-----Anything can happen with heavies.

MD should be a clear favorite but there have been a lot of close mathes over the year and only see two classes where MD should clearly win (140, 145). Reitz has two classes they should clearly win (103, 119) although Nutsdad might dispute 103. I only see one class where CA is a clear favorite (152).  All the other classes have had such close matches all year that I think anyone could win it. Beyond that MD should have the advantage with seeding. Many of these matches will happen all over again at Regionals.

Thanx I think I will dispute that comment!!! LOL!! Those 2 should end up in the finals but who knows what can happen, and I think it will be another good 1, but I'm not say'n 1 or the other will win it!!

Favorites in no paticular order:

103:  Reitz & Harrison

112:  Castle, Reitz, MD, Central

119:  Reitz

125:  MD, Reitz, North, Harrison

130:  Castle, Reitz, Central, MD

135:  Castle, MD, Memorial

140:  MD & Castle

145:  MD & Castle

152:  MD, Castle, Reitz

160:  MD, Castle, Reitz

171:  Memorial

189:  Castle, Memorial, Reitz, North,  Central, MD

215:  Castle

285:  Memorial

I think it will be

103:Hall

112:Moody

119:Johns

125:Rueger

130:KIng? he beat md

135:Weinzapel

140:Sims

145:Zenthoefer

152:KIng

160:Ritter if he moves up

171:Mann

189:Sandwith

215:Kercher

285:Borkowski

Does anyone know when the seeding meeting is?

103 - Kuhn - Gets the nod here but Hall might surprise a few people

112 - Moody or Adler - Who want's it the most

119 - No one touches AJ

125 - Henderson gets the nod here - But everyone knows this weight class is wide open

130 - King gets the nod here - But again who shows up will win it

135 - Weinzy

140 - Sims

145 - Zeke

152 - Ritter

160 - Easterling

171 - Wedding - Mann is good but Tanner is in a different class this year

189 - Tough class to predict - I think it depends on who gets a good nights rest

215 - Castle

285 - Borko

125 should be a fun one to seed. North has beaten Reitz. Reitz (im sure) beat Harrison. Then Harrison beat North. WOW...good luck guys.

It was not the same kid at Harrison,when Reitz beat Harrison and Harrison beat North, at this class!!

2 different kids at this class for Harrison for both matches!!

I certainly hope EVERYONE comes to wrestle on Saturday...Nothing is worse than an SIAC where two or three teams show up and everyone else just wanders through it. 

I think we have all seen years where it seemed some teams just wanted to live through the day and get on with Sectionals.  I understand to some degree, but it IS important to perfrom well at this meet if for no other reason than tuning up for Sectionals!!!!

Lets look at 125...

MD beat Castle, Castle has beaten North and Reitz.   I am not sure if Memorial has won against any of these schools.

At 125 Reitz majored Castle 9-1

That's right...it was the first match of the day wasn't it?  I just missed that one! 

I stand corrected...

3 place finishes are what will win this for the team that claims it. 

That having been said, each of the teams that seem to be favored will HAVE to wrestle every match they have, from round 1 to the end, like their lives depend on it.

Let's also keep in mind that every year there are one or two kids that pick this weekend to let it all "Click" and come out loaded for bear, or knight, or wildcat, or panther, or bulldog, or husky, or tiger, or warrior.

Who would you pick as this years "Spoiler"?

3 place finishes are what will win this for the team that claims it. 

That having been said, each of the teams that seem to be favored will HAVE to wrestle every match they have, from round 1 to the end, like their lives depend on it.

Let's also keep in mind that every year there are one or two kids that pick this weekend to let it all "Click" and come out loaded for bear, or knight, or wildcat, or panther, or bulldog, or husky, or tiger, or warrior.

Who would you pick as this years "Spoiler"?

I'm picking the "Fat, Dumb, & Stupid guy" he always wins.........................

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.