Southern Indiana Athletic Conference **Brackets Posted**

rgray

If "ifs and "buts" were candy and nuts we all would have had a merry christmas. While Harrison is on the rise, they are not quite there yet. Losing 5 or 6 guys early in the year leads me to believe there is some disfunction goin on over there, but who knows. As for MD losing...It not likely, but if they lose to anyone before state it will have to happen at SIAC. MD vs anyone south of Indy in a dual goes to MD 100% of the time. SIAC will be interesting, but it will take a huge group effort and a lot of bonus points. As for North, like everyone they have their good years and bad years, but with what they bring to the table now, they are pretty tough. The coaching staff must be doing something right. And its no secret and it has always been said "summer wrestling makes winter champions" I could be wrong but North only has a handful of kids that participate in summer work outs and freestyle tournaments at the High School level. Aren't there 14 weight classes in high scool wrestling? While those few individuals that wrestle in the summer time are most successful on North's team, they can't win matches by themselves. Point being, that COACHING STAFF must be doing something right with the team as a whole. Its less than a month away so we will see how the cookie crumbles I guess.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my thoughts:

103 - Kuhn/Nuts - Who wants it the most

112 - May/Brown - Edge goes to May he already pinned brown

119 - No one stops Johns

125 - Henderson/Reuger

130 - Throw a dart at any of them - Who wants it the most

135 - Weinzapel

140 - Sims

145 - Zenother

152 - Ritter

160 - Easterling

171 - Wedding

189 -  Sandwith or Koester

215 - Kercher or Robinsion - Who shows up to wrestle

285 - Borko

Top 3

MD

Castle

Reitz

This could be interesting. MD wrestled 5 reserves at the Holiday Classic and barely won. MD has the Oakville Duals this weekend and if a few kids are banged up Schaeffer could save them for sectionals. If that occurs, things could get interesting in a hurry.

North, Castle, and Harrision have had kids work hard in the off-season. Im sure the other teams have as well but personally I seen quite a few kids from those schools at our gym working in the offseason. And those kids seem to be doing well this season.

We will know more after Reitz and Castle actually are in the same gym this year.

Castle has a big test this weekend - Corydon is a really nice tourney with quality teams from Indiana and Kentucky...

We will know more after Reitz and Castle actually are in the same gym this year.

Castle has a big test this weekend - Corydon is a really nice tourney with quality teams from Indiana and Kentucky...

BlueBolt, who all is at that tourney?

No shock that MD will be favored until someone knocks them off.  I still think Castle has the stronger team even after watching MD handle them back in December.    If MD wins, they will do it in the consols.  I only see them having 3 champs maybe 4.

Champs

Castle 4 or 5

Reitz 4

MD 3 or 4

Memorial 2

• 2 weeks later...

The SIAC is a Conference that is loaded with talent.

Now that each of the teams have faced one another, there is ONE thing that is certain...

Saturday is gonna ROCK in Paradise Indiana!!!!

Each Team will bring it's best...Glory served in 6 Minute portions!

If history is any indicator, the slate is wiped clean for this Tourney.  The "Top Teams" are usually MD, Reitz and Castle.  But what has happened in the past weeks and months between these teams means NOTHING.

Team A defeats Team B last week in a dual...Well this ain't last week...And those kids are smarting over the defeat.  Past victories are just that...PAST. 

The SIAC is a Conference that is loaded with talent.

Now that each of the teams have faced one another, there is ONE thing that is certain...

Saturday is gonna ROCK in Paradise Indiana!!!!

Each Team will bring it's best...Glory served in 6 Minute portions!

If history is any indicator, the slate is wiped clean for this Tourney.   The "Top Teams" are usually MD, Reitz and Castle.  But what has happened in the past weeks and months between these teams means NOTHING.

Team A defeats Team B last week in a dual...Well this ain't last week...And those kids are smarting over the defeat.  Past victories are just that...PAST. 

Well said BlueBolt. Saturday will be very interesting in almost every weight class. Castle looked extremely strong and we just didn't wrestle to maybe our potential. That being said Castle took us out of our possibilty to wrestle to our potential. ??? Do you know what I'm trying to say. This SIAC has some great matchups just like in every other year.

Possible great matchups. Please fill in names  :-[ ( add your picks )

103 Hall vs Kuhn

112 Brown vs Moody vs Adler

119 Johns  8) vs everyone

125 Rueger vs Sulwaske vs Henderson vs Wolf vs Castle

130 Seitz vs King vs Chamberlain vs Lil Weinzy

135 Dehaven vs Welch vs Weinzy

140 Simms vs Welch vs Vogel

145 Zeke vs Richards vs Duckworth

152 King vs Ritter vs Pettijohn

Continue on I need to leave. sorry

I do understand Boiler...I think that is what happened earlier this year in a dual at Castle  ;-)

BUT - a team has to take advantage of it's opportunities.

Reitz has a rock solid team and trust me, no one is over looking them!

The Brackets for the SIAC should be CRAZY this year...each weight class is fairly evenly matched and very few have a clear cut favorite. 

Someone fire up the time machine...I want this week over with and Saturday here NOW!    ;D

Favorites in no paticular order:

103:  Reitz & Harrison

112:  Castle, Reitz, MD, Central

119:  Reitz

125:  MD, Reitz, North, Harrison

130:  Castle, Reitz, Central, MD

135:  Castle, MD, Memorial

140:  MD & Castle

145:  MD & Castle

152:  MD, Castle, Reitz

160:  MD, Castle, Reitz

171:  Memorial

189:  Castle, Memorial, Reitz, North,  Central, MD

215:  Castle

285:  Memorial

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.