Moorseville Holiday Classic **Brackets Posted**

Foreverwrestling

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question...

With Bloomington North and Castle both there, will this effect the seedings after this weekends tourney at Bloomington North?

At the very least the records are no longer accurate, not to mention any head to head losses...

Like I said, just a question...

This is Yorktown's first year to compete at this event.  My paperwork is at school, but I believe the school's represented are as follows:

Beech Grove

Monrovia

Charlestown

Homestead

Northview

Jennings Co.

Plainfield

Mooresville

Evansville Central

Whiteland

Bloomington North

Yorktown

Brownsburg

Castle

Edgewood

Madison

I hope I have gotten these right.  If not, hopefully someone will correct them.

Coach McCormick

The Yorktown wrestling team is looking forward to competing at the Mooresville Holiday Classic.  For me, it is deja vous, as I competed at the Mooresville HC as a student-athlete at Delta HS in 1984 and 85.  I have not been back to Mooresville HS since that time, and I look forward to returning to Mooresville (now as a coach).  I would like to thank Coach Errett for inviting us into this event.  There are many fine programs entered in this tournament.  I think there will be some great competition for all those in attendance to watch.

Coach McCormick

From what I have seen in the past the records do not matter. From what I know the past champion and place winners at previous Moorseville Clasics get the higher seeds. Then they go by records and rank after that.

i think they go on the records from when they send in the info because Justin Fuller at 119 is a 2x runner up, 2 years ago at 112 and last year at 119, but still got a 6th seed

yes joe arthur's(BN HWT) loss is to gill of columbus north it was 3-0 who joe later beat 2-1 in OT.

this is a very well ran tourney and the addition of some teams esp yorktown will deff make this fun to watch.

any predictions?

yes joe arthur's(BN HWT) loss is to gill of columbus north it was 3-0 who joe later beat 2-1 in OT.

this is a very well ran tourney and the addition of some teams esp yorktown will deff make this fun to watch.

any predictions?

One REALLY busy weekend of wrestling!

I am not sure you can pick a clear cut favorite in this one...

Information sent to coaches from Mooresville Athletic Department:

Day 1 - Tuesday - December 30

Weigh ins are at 8:30. 

Wrestling starts at 10am. 

The doors will open at 9am. 

Session 1 is the first round and the first round wrestlebacks. 

Session 2 will start 1 hour after session 1 is completed.  Session 2 will be quarterfinals followed by second round of  wrestlebacks.

Day 2 - Wednesday - December 31

Weigh ins are at 8am. 

Wrestling starts at 9am. 

We will start the day with Semifinals on two mats and wrestlebacks on two mats.  Then we will come back with consolation semifinals and during that we will wrestle for 7th & 8th. 

Lastly we will wrestle the finals, 3rd place, and 5th place on three mats.  We usually do the finals by themselves but we want to get done earlier than normal so people that have drives can get home sooner to enjoy the new year.  Next year, the finals will be wrestled by themselves.

Cost is $6 per day or a $10 season pass for both days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.