Al Smith Invite

Smooth34

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to be pretty competitive this year.

Toughest Weight Class by Rank:

125: 6 Ranked in top ten

215: 4 Ranked in top ten

Four others tied with 3

# 4   Zac Stevens Merrillville

# 5   Kyle Ayersman Lake Central

#10 Taylor Wisler Mishawaka

#16  Jarred Brooks Warsaw

#2   Brandon Nelsen Lawrence North

#5   Paul Beck Mishawaka

#13 Alex Griesemer Princeton

#15 Alex Gregory Penn

#3   Justin Brooks Warsaw

#9   Matt Milton Center Grove

#10 Jake Lamb Lowell

#12 Matt Guerra Mishawaka

#1   Cashe Quiroga Lawrence North

#4   Anthony Napules Merrillville

#5   Will Sheets Bellmont

#7  Arron Garretson Peru

#8  Matt Adams Center Grove

#10 Cameron Brady Lowell

#1 Josh Harper Mishawaka

#2 Frankie Porras Hobart

#8 Zach Thornton Chesterton

#14 Jordan Legan Center Grove

#16 Jimmy Larowe East Noble

#2 Taylor March East Noble

#3 Johnny Dillon Hobart

#1 Steven Sandefur Mishawaka

#7 Ryan Stahl Elkhart Memorial

#8 Trace Hall South Bend Riley

#11 Jerod Crump Center Grove

#4 Tyler Baker Bellmont

#12 Zach Corpe Elkhart Memorial

#15 Dalton Sparks Peru

#16 Sean Mappes Center Grove

#16 Tim Forte Mishawaka

#8 Kurt Monix Lowell

#12 Rob Keough Lake Central

#4 Shelby Mappes Center Grove

#9 Bryce Grimes Lawrence North

#13 Huey Hudson South Bend Riley

#14 Joey Smith Mishawaka

#13 Brett Wordon Peru

#1 Billy Baker

#2 Nathan Cleveland Lowell

#3 Christian Lentz Mishawaka

#10 Drew Dorsey Center Grove

#10 James Travis Merrillville

#11 Darius Cooley Mishawaka

#12 Jacob Clark Peru

since when is Center Grove at this tournament? Are they new, or am I just tripping?

Add #5 George Lopez to 171

Guest justafan52

wow Fabio,

you should seriously consider buying some of those pills

Gaining a couple of inches could definetly help you,

but more importantly because they can make you better- looking!

wow Fabio,

you should seriously consider buying some of those pills

Gaining a couple of inches could definetly help you,

but more importantly because they can make you better- looking!

I tinks dat is called plastic surgury / da do have a operation where day do break your femur and  stick threaded rod between and kinda jack you up / day do it here my nephew had it done on one leg

im surprised a team like Crown Point isnt here

and idk why SB St. Joe is there and not SB Clay

Probably due to the fact that SBC finished in 30th place last year. They used to be a top 5 team years ago, maybe they mutually agreed to switch it up. The teams change every year.

Ok here is why some teams are there and some are... look at the title of the tournament... it's called the AL Smith INVITE... notice the word invite. Which means you must be invited to come, not every team comes, if every team from the area was able to enter into the tournament then the quality would not be where it is at now.

That being said, Snyder made it known that just because a team was in the NIC did not mean they would be invited to the tourney like they pretty much were in the past. Infact, Snyder said that teams Mishawaka faced frequently would most likely be uninvited so as to allow newer teams and some of the states top teams into the tournament. He was even going to uninvite Penn to the tourney (there were some rumors about the reasoning but they are not to be brought up here). However, that announcement was made when Wilk was the coach at Penn, Snyder did revisit the announcement with coach Harper and they came to an agreement it was in the best interest for both parties that Penn remained in the tournament.

Now as to why Crown Point is not in it there could be multiple reasons. 1) Maybe it is because they already face eachother at Calumet and Snyder wants to face a different team (it is his tourney so it is his perogative) or 2) Maybe Mishawaka has yet to get another team out of the tournament to bring in CP or 3) maybe CP has scheduling issue and is unable to fit another tourney into their schedule or 4) maybe it is none of the reason above and none of our buisness.

In the early/mid 90's Niles was a part of the tournament. The only reason I remember it is because they had an upper weight guy who had more hair on his body than most animals do.

You saying that the dude may have slipped a chromosome.

i think there have been multiple 4 time al smith champs.... i believe Hinton was a 4 timer.... i am pretty sure he won his frosh junior and senior years..... not sure about his soph year.

No i am not saying the guy slipped a chormosome, just that he was extremely hairy...... who knows though..... he might have been a bigfoot  ::)

Ok here is why some teams are there and some are... look at the title of the tournament... it's called the AL Smith INVITE... notice the word invite. Which means you must be invited to come, not every team comes, if every team from the area was able to enter into the tournament then the quality would not be where it is at now.

That being said, Snyder made it known that just because a team was in the NIC did not mean they would be invited to the tourney like they pretty much were in the past. Infact, Snyder said that teams Mishawaka faced frequently would most likely be uninvited so as to allow newer teams and some of the states top teams into the tournament. He was even going to uninvite Penn to the tourney (there were some rumors about the reasoning but they are not to be brought up here). However, that announcement was made when Wilk was the coach at Penn, Snyder did revisit the announcement with coach Harper and they came to an agreement it was in the best interest for both parties that Penn remained in the tournament.

Now as to why Crown Point is not in it there could be multiple reasons. 1) Maybe it is because they already face eachother at Calumet and Snyder wants to face a different team (it is his tourney so it is his perogative) or 2) Maybe Mishawaka has yet to get another team out of the tournament to bring in CP or 3) maybe CP has scheduling issue and is unable to fit another tourney into their schedule or 4) maybe it is none of the reason above and none of our buisness.

I would like to see a tough team from the Logansport Regional come to this or even the Tricoff Maybe Delphi They always have a hand full of tough kids and then you would be able to see them before Semi state

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.