Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

IndianaMat Team Rankings 12/11


Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback



Recommended Comments

Pretty comical. Cathedral thrashes then #2 Portage, beats then #4 Avon at much less than full strength, #7 Warren, and #13 Crown Point in the last two weeks and they are bumped down a spot. You are telling me Brownsburg’s resume is better??? 

Doesn’t take a genius to realize that not having the #1 team in the state at the fictional class IHSWCA Dual State Tourney would sure delegitimize it. If Cathedral wins the Al Smith after convincingly winning the Traicoff, I’ll know that the P/P bias is just as strong in the wrestling world as it is in the football world. 

In the meantime, thanks for the extra motivation. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Cathedral wins the al Smith after winning the Traicoff, it still won’t change anything about who is better-which is what the poll is about. I think Brownsburg is better than Cathedral right now, so they’re #1. Simple 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Pretty comical. Cathedral thrashes then #2 Portage, beats then #4 Avon at much less than full strength, #7 Warren, and #13 Crown Point in the last two weeks and they are bumped down a spot. You are telling me Brownsburg’s resume is better??? 

Doesn’t take a genius to realize that not having the #1 team in the state at the fictional class IHSWCA Dual State Tourney would sure delegitimize it. If Cathedral wins the Al Smith after convincingly winning the Traicoff, I’ll know that the P/P bias is just as strong in the wrestling world as it is in the football world. 

In the meantime, thanks for the extra motivation. 

Did you forget the part where the IHSWCA invited the Irish and they said “no thanks”?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, decbell1 said:

If Cathedral wins the al Smith after winning the Traicoff, it still won’t change anything about who is better-which is what the poll is about. I think Brownsburg is better than Cathedral right now, so they’re #1. Simple 

I think you dropped this 

8E362092-E9B8-4936-9BEA-9E5F3C2772B4.jpeg

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Pretty comical. Cathedral thrashes then #2 Portage, beats then #4 Avon at much less than full strength, #7 Warren, and #13 Crown Point in the last two weeks and they are bumped down a spot. You are telling me Brownsburg’s resume is better??? 

 

Is it about resume or who is better? Brownsburg dismantled Avon and will get a huge bump to their resume if they win Team State next weekend.   I would love to see a dual between Brownsburg and Cathedral, but Cathedral chose to opt out.  

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Pretty comical. Cathedral thrashes then #2 Portage, beats then #4 Avon at much less than full strength, #7 Warren, and #13 Crown Point in the last two weeks and they are bumped down a spot. You are telling me Brownsburg’s resume is better??? 

Doesn’t take a genius to realize that not having the #1 team in the state at the fictional class IHSWCA Dual State Tourney would sure delegitimize it. If Cathedral wins the Al Smith after convincingly winning the Traicoff, I’ll know that the P/P bias is just as strong in the wrestling world as it is in the football world. 

In the meantime, thanks for the extra motivation. 

I guess DecBell has a P/P bias.  Not sure  what that means, but Intermat must have the same bias as they ranked Brownsburg above Cathedral.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Pretty comical. Cathedral thrashes then #2 Portage, beats then #4 Avon at much less than full strength, #7 Warren, and #13 Crown Point in the last two weeks and they are bumped down a spot. You are telling me Brownsburg’s resume is better??? 

 

I believe Portage dropped to #5 prior to Traicoff off of a loss to Perry at Harvest without Rumph or Maceo in the lineup or Fattore, Colza, and Triana for Hobart which would have certainly changed the placements for all of the teams in those weight classes.

Now, I do have to say, that I must have a different opinion of what thrashing a team is.  Yes, Cathedral definitely wrestled well and systematically but 35-21 is not a thrashing.  There were two OT matches that Cathedral won and a match that was 5-2 with :40 left and Cathedral got the reversal and 3 nearfall to win 7-5.  It was a close dual, and Cathedral certainly wrestled better than Portage.  Hats are off to the wrestlers and coaching staff as that is a really talented Portage team (which I don't think we have seen the last of or even their best meet yet).  Portage looked uncharacteristically slow and worn down all day, and Cathedral capitalized on it. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

How do you line cathedral vs BBurg up? What score would you guys have? 

I was working on that.  Since Cathedral screwed up and pulled out of the "Fictional " Team State Duals.

We have to settle this the old way.  The old school hypothetical on paper  Dual.  Here's my results.  By the way Im not from Cathedral or Brownsburg, so Im not biased on this one.  Note I have worked as the #The County Lawyer, but ill do my fiduciary capacity to be unbias.

106 #3 Bailey Cathedral with pin over  unranked Johnson  6 to 0 Cathedral

113#10 Montgomery (BB) over #14 Oliver  in decision   6 to 3 Cathedral

120#5 Campbell (BB) over over #7 Waldenzak in decision 6 to 6  tossup going with rankings.

126#3 Mills (BB) with Pin over unranked Wilson (Cat)   12 to 6 BB

132#3 Mosconi (Cat) with dec over #4 Keitzer (BB)-  12 to 9 BB  Looks like tossup but going with rankings 

138#1 Mulkey (BB) over #3 Melloh (CAT)  15 to 9 BB - going with rankings- Cant go against Mulkey even with Melloh

145 #3 Slivka (Cat) pin over Asbury(BB)  15 to 15 tie

152 #1 Lee(BB)  Major over  #9 Rodgers (Cat)  19 to 15-  Wouldn't be surprised if Lee scored more bonus  points here

160 Cookerly (BB) dec over Parker (CAT) 22 to 15 Both unranked - Toss up

170 Mosconi (BB) #5 SS dec over Jean Baptide (Cat)  22 to 18 BB

182 #1 Walton (BB) pin over Huffman  28 to 18 BB

 195 Adams(Cat)  dec over Glaze(BB)  28 to21  (Toss up- both  unranked buy component opponent  from Avon both beat by 1

220 #6 Guhl (Cat) major over #4 SS Aiken 28 to 24 BB

285 #4Peterson pin over #5SS Obst  (Cat) 34 to 24-  Heavyweights pin- so giving bonus points.

 

Also with one component Avon  BB beat 54- to 7   Cathedral  39-30,   I think those scores back up my picks.     Brownsburg should be #1.  Pretty obvious.

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Also with one component Avon  BB beat 54- to 7   Cathedral  39-30,   I think those scores back up my picks.     Brownsburg should be #1.  Pretty obvious.

I'll take the under on this dual having 5 pins.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I was working on that.  Since Cathedral screwed up and pulled out of the "Fictional " Team State Duals.

We have to settle this the old way.  The old school hypothetical on paper  Dual.  Here's my results.  By the way Im not from Cathedral or Brownsburg, so Im not biased on this one.  Note I have worked as the #The County Lawyer, but ill do my fiduciary capacity to be unbias.

106 #3 Bailey Cathedral with pin over  unranked Johnson  6 to 0 Cathedral

113#10 Montgomery (BB) over #14 Oliver  in decision   6 to 3 Cathedral

120#5 Campbell (BB) over over #7 Waldenzak in decision 6 to 6  tossup going with rankings.

126#3 Mills (BB) with Pin over unranked Wilson (Cat)   12 to 6 BB

132#3 Mosconi (Cat) with dec over #4 Keitzer (BB)-  12 to 9 BB  Looks like tossup but going with rankings 

138#1 Mulkey (BB) over #3 Melloh (CAT)  15 to 9 BB - going with rankings- Cant go against Mulkey even with Melloh

145 #3 Slivka (Cat) pin over Asbury(BB)  15 to 15 tie

152 #1 Lee(BB)  Major over  #9 Rodgers (Cat)  19 to 15-  Wouldn't be surprised if Lee scored more bonus  points here

160 Cookerly (BB) dec over Parker (CAT) 22 to 15 Both unranked - Toss up

170 Mosconi (BB) #5 SS dec over Jean Baptide (Cat)  22 to 18 BB

182 #1 Walton (BB) pin over Huffman  28 to 18 BB

 195 Adams(Cat)  dec over Glaze(BB)  28 to21  (Toss up- both  unranked buy component opponent  from Avon both beat by 1

220 #6 Guhl (Cat) major over #4 SS Aiken 28 to 24 BB

285 #4Peterson pin over #5SS Obst  (Cat) 34 to 24-  Heavyweights pin- so giving bonus points.

 

Also with one component Avon  BB beat 54- to 7   Cathedral  39-30,   I think those scores back up my picks.     Brownsburg should be #1.  Pretty obvious.

 

 

Asbury would not get pinned and may actually win !!!!    Lee understands the need for points at all times and don't sleep on Glaze (kid is a plain and simple beast)

39-19 Dogs kill it !!!   #TheCounty   # PainTrain   #WiesjahnTrained (the last & final year)

Edited by JMILL

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JMILL said:

Asbury would not get pinned and may actually win !!!!    Lee understands the need for points at all times and don't sleep on Glaze (kid is a plain and simple beast)

39-19 Dogs kill it !!!   #TheCounty   # PainTrain   #WiesjahnTrained (the last & final year)

Yea Asbury gave laplace all he wanted this summer and I could see him keeping it respectable for sure

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BClark said:

Brownsburg 30

Cathedral 24

your finger hit "3" instead of "4" for #PainTrain..........being a bigger guy I have those type of mis-typings all the time so I am sensitive to it so no worries

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just my 2 cents......may not be worth a nickel.  But I personally feel like drawing comparisons in a way that has each team wrestling "straight up"........isn't a fair assessment of who'd actually win. I realize that's the only way to do it on paper, without making hypothetical guesses about what moves a team would make.  However......in a match up like Cathedral vs Brownsburg.........or in a possible showdown next weekend featuring Burg vs Portage, I think something as meaningful as the coin flip can have huge implications.  I'm as interested in hearing of the coaching strategies ("hearing" because we plan to still be wrestling), as I am to learn of the winners of possible match-ups.  A healthy Avon could create some casualties as well. But hammer vs hammer aside......things could get pretty creative in regards to moveable parts.  Just my opinion obviously.  Exciting weekend regardless of how things shake out!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

Just my 2 cents......may not be worth a nickel.  But I personally feel like drawing comparisons in a way that has each team wrestling "straight up"........isn't a fair assessment of who'd actually win. I realize that's the only way to do it on paper, without making hypothetical guesses about what moves a team would make.  However......in a match up like Cathedral vs Brownsburg.........or in a possible showdown next weekend featuring Burg vs Portage, I think something as meaningful as the coin flip can have huge implications.  I'm as interested in hearing of the coaching strategies ("hearing" because we plan to still be wrestling), as I am to learn of the winners of possible match-ups.  A healthy Avon could create some casualties as well. But hammer vs hammer aside......things could get pretty creative in regards to moveable parts.  Just my opinion obviously.  Exciting weekend regardless of how things shake out!

I agree 100%. It will all be settled on the mat. We wish everyone nothing but success. I personally think we're all winners here. Our state is loaded with hard working kids, parents and coaches that put a lot of time and money into all of this. The end product is a blessing if you're a fan!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JMILL said:

your finger hit "3" instead of "4" for #PainTrain..........being a bigger guy I have those type of mis-typings all the time so I am sensitive to it so no worries

 

 

download.jpg

Edited by BClark

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

YES ! It is . Going to be a fun weekend in Cleveland area . 

The #The County Lawyer used to live in Ohio and his son wrestled in the Brecksville tournament maybe 15 years ago.   Brecksville (Greater Cleveland area has great wrestling.   Cleveland was called the cradle of wrestling.   Good luck and glad to see  #TheCounty #Tough Schedule.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.