SIAC talk

1prouddad

SIAC coming up leading us into sectionals. I believe EMD is the clear cut favorite, but let's take a look at the weight classes and possible re-matches that could come into play later.

106- This is a 2 dog race here as we should see a Re-match from earlier in the season. Can Casebolt avenge his loss to Hinderliter(EMD)

113- While Egli and Horty should lock horns again with Egli looking to avenge his loss, don't overlook Hartz(Ca) and Tucker(Re)

120-Once again a 2 dog race with Dickens looking to avenge his loss to Bealmer.

126-Ditto to 120 while the younger Lee(EMD)is looking for a win against a locked in Willis.

132-Shall Craig(Re) get past McBride(Ca) he will see Luigs(EMD) in the finals. Can Craig get over the hump and pick up a huge win against a ranked wrestler.

138-I think this is a 3 man race to the top while Deters(Ca) hold a win over both Weidner(EMD) and Schaefer(Me).

145-Happe(EMD) is possibly the clear favorite here, but don't look past Blair(re) and Durcholz(me)

152-Everyone battling for 2nd behind Lee(EMD)

160-With Farmer(Ca) as the favorite, a tough Doane(No) and young Kemper(Ce) are looking for the upset.

170-Mohler(Ca) and Brown(Me) barring any injuries and upsets, should battle it out for SIAC Champ.

182-Abshier(Me) might be looking to make some noise to keep Guerrier(Ce) and Nunn(Ca) from fighting it out in the finals.

195- Wilderman(EMD) is the clear favorite here. Sulawske(Me) is having a good senior year and may just get to see Wilderman in the finals.

220-No clear favorites here, but I'll go with Lichlyter(Me) to possibly win this class.

285-Wide open.

Sorry if I've overlooked anyone but feel free to add them in.

I believe Reitz's 138 pinned Deters yesterday at the 6 way. Could throw a curve ball into the seeds.

Freeman CA would be another at 145 to compete with Happe.

Fehrenbacher is def one that I overlooked. I'm not sure if Schaefer has wrestled him this year.

No idea what the brackets will look like or if these will be possible.  But here we go

I do know Castle lost to Mater Dei very early in the year, and has rolled over the rest of the conference over the course of the year.   

Conference time always brings upsets so here we go

106 - Casebolt - I think he rights past wrongs here.

113 - Horty, Hartz, Egli, Tucker (?).

120 - Balmear Over Dickens

126 - Willis over Lee

132 - Lugis Then Craig

138 - Deters, Scheafer

145 - WHO KNOWS????   Not the strongest field in recent history.

152 - Lee

160 - Farmer

170 - Mohler then Brown

182 - Guerrier then Nunn

195 - Wildermann then Sulawske - this one may have a surprise or two

220 - Boots is favored, but I sense a disturbance in the force

285 - Who can REALLY pick the heavy weights????

106 - Casebolt, Hinderliter...could Memorial's Hunter Rice pull an upset here and knock off one of these top 2 contenders?

113 - Horty is the clear cut favorite IMO. Hartz, Egli, and Tucker will battle it out for 2nd.

120 - Re-match between Bealmear and Dickens. I'll go with Dickens this time around.

126 - Another rematch between Willis and Lee. Its going to be tough to beat Lee again, but I'll take Willis in Round 2.

132 - Luigs and Craig should be another good one.

138 - Pretty deep weight class here. Deters IMO is the favorite, but the freshman has 2 pretty solid wrestlers right behind him in Schaefer and Weidner. With Deters losing to Reitz's 138, I'm sure it could mess with the seeding so could make for some interesting semi-final matches.

145 - Happe then the winner between Freeman and Blair should give Happe everything he wants in the finals.

152 - A good wrestler by the name of Joe Lee. McNutt and Fehrenbacher should battle it out for 2nd.

160 - Farmer and Brown, Coane from North and Parkinson from MD could be a spoiler here.

170 - Mohler and Brown, same as Coane, Tasa from North could pull an upset here.

182 - Guerrier beat Nunn in OT this past weekend, should be another good match-up this weekend. If Abshier is here, he may spoil the rematch between Guerrier and Nunn.

195 - Wilderman, Sulawske could be a close 2nd. With Abshier having a win over Wilderman from earlier in the year (yes I know it was by injury default), I can see Abshier wrestling here. Rolley from Castle could be an upset pick.

220 - Boots, Sulawske a close 2nd if Abshier goes 195.

285 - Moesner and Ohlsen??? Flip a coin.

Castle and Mater Dei should be a close team race.

Predictions to follow once the brackets come out.

Predictions:

Casebolt

Hinderliter

Rice

Stasi

Horty

Hartz

Egli

Tucker

Dickens

Bealmear

Hall

Connor

Willis

Lee

Nix

Wright

Luigs

Craig

Kincaid

Bethe

Deters

Schaefer

Weidner

McIntosh

Happe

Freeman

Blair

Durcholz

Lee

McNutt

Fehrenbacher

Brockman

Farmer

Parkinson

Coane

Joiner

Mohler

Brown

Tasa

Harris

Guerrier

Nunn

Koonce

Helfrich

Wilderman

Abshier

Rolley

Hughes

Boots

Sulawske

Norman

Jenkins

Lichlyter

Moesner

Garrett

Graves

Predictions:

Casebolt

Hinderliter

Rice

Stasi

Horty

Hartz

Egli

Tucker

Dickens

Bealmear

Hall

Connor

Willis

Lee

Nix

Wright

Luigs

Craig

Kincaid

Bethe

Deters

Schaefer

Weidner

McIntosh

Happe

Freeman

Blair

Durcholz

Lee

McNutt

Fehrenbacher

Brockman

Farmer

Parkinson

Coane

Joiner

Mohler

Brown

Tasa

Harris

Guerrier

Nunn

Koonce

Helfrich

Wilderman

Abshier

Rolley

Hughes

Boots

Sulawske

Norman

Jenkins

Lichlyter

Moesner

Garrett

Graves

Nice picks.   I woulf flip 1. and 2. at 120 but otherwise I agree

Ran the Brackets through the Bracketnator3000 and it predicts a closer finish than last year in the team race between Castle and Mater Dei.

It is picking Castle to win the following:

Second at 113 and 152

Third at 145, 195, and 220.

Mater Dei to win:

Second at: 106, 120, 126, 138, 160

Third at 113

Fourth at 182 and 285.

DISCLAIMER:   A Computer Literally Picked These using a statistical approach using all available information.   There is no "fanboy" input.   i just wrote the program, it stopped listening to me weeks ago and I think it may have locked Dave out of the shuttle bay.

Don't scream at me about it.

Edited by SouthSideJimmy

The dust has settled and here's my review.

106- Not only did Casebolt avenge his loss, he put a clinic on Hinderliter before eventually pinning him.

113- Was as described. Horty and Egli met up in a exciting finals match that ended with a 5-4 Horty win. These2 are sure to meet up in the finals again.

120-Dickens showed that his loss to Bealmer was a fluke as he put on a take down clinic and controlled the whole match.

126-Matt Lee beats Willis in a great match to avenge a loss. These 2 are sure to butt heads a couple more times as I don't see anyone until SS giving either one of them a good match.

132-Luigs all day. Played around with Craig till finally finishing him off with a pinfall.

138-Deters and Weidner in the finals that I thought for sure was going to give Coach Harmon a heart attack. Deters eventually wins

145-I called this as a watch out for Blair and Durcholz to possibly win this. Well, Durcholz didn't win a single match while Blair takes home the championship with a win over Happe.

152-wanna take a guess who won this class?

160-All Farmer here

170- Another terribly officiated match.Mohler gets the win over Brown with some help from the bad officiating.
Nothing against Mohler as he's a good wrestler.

182-Guerrier handles the field and Nunn with ease to win the championship here.

195-Wilderman is looking polished and set for a state run. Wins the title over a tough Abshier I believe it was 5-0

220- I sure did overlook Boots in my initial post. He took this weight class by storm and pins Norman in the finals

285-Lichlyter pinned his way through for the title. Possibly a little undersized for this weight class, but his technique and athleticism makes up for that. I can see him punching a ticket to state.

The dust has settled and here's my review.

106- Not only did Casebolt avenge his loss, he put a clinic on Hinderliter before eventually pinning him.

113- Was as described. Horty and Egli met up in a exciting finals match that ended with a 5-4 Horty win. These2 are sure to meet up in the finals again.

120-Dickens showed that his loss to Bealmer was a fluke as he put on a take down clinic and controlled the whole match.

126-Matt Lee beats Willis in a great match to avenge a loss. These 2 are sure to butt heads a couple more times as I don't see anyone until SS giving either one of them a good match.

132-Luigs all day. Played around with Craig till finally finishing him off with a pinfall.

138-Deters and Weidner in the finals that I thought for sure was going to give Coach Harmon a heart attack with the terrible officiating. Deters eventually wins

145-I called this as a watch out for Blair and Durcholz to possibly win this. Well, Durcholz didn't win a single match while Blair takes home the championship with a win over Happe.

152-wanna take a guess who won this class?

160-All Farmer here

170- Another terribly officiated match.Mohler gets the win over Brown with some help from the bad officiating.

Nothing against Mohler as he's a good wrestler.

182-Guerrier handles the field and Nunn with ease to win the championship here.

195-Wilderman is looking polished and set for a state run. Wins the title over a tough Abshier I believe it was 5-0

220- I sure did overlook Boots in my initial post. He took this weight class by storm and pins Norman in the finals

285-Lichlyter pinned his way through for the title. Possibly a little undersized for this weight class, but his technique and athleticism makes up for that. I can see him punching a ticket to state.

Nice recap, 1proud. I agree, this was about a tough of a day I have seen the zebras have...

Great siac meet, lots of revenge matches, assertions, turnarounds and gaps closed. PLUS a thrilling team race.

a shout out to central's destiny garris and memorial's kyler west--evidently neither got the memo that they are dramatically undersized and outgunned. Both are relentless attackers and do not back up. All you stallers and edge wrestlers--you know who you are--take note! This is what wrestling is supposed to look like.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.